[mythtv-users] problem with gui size after crash

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Apr 8 17:54:44 UTC 2005

I had something happen three times recently that has not happened in the
past. I am using XRandr to change resolutions. The main gui is 888x508
or something like that. If mythfrontend crashed or goes away it gets
stuck in thinking the screen is bigger than it really is. When I restart
mythfrontend it takes a minute because it is prescaling the themes to
some large size. I can only fit two lines of the menu on the screen and
they are about 6 inches high. Rebooting or restarting X does not help. I
have to make my way to Setup then Appearence then press Enter until I
get all the way through then it resizes and prescales the theme to fit
like it should.

What could be getting stuck that makes it think the resolution is wrong,
even after a reboot?

Thanks,
James