[mythtv-users] VWB using Myth source without attribution / source code distribution?

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Fri Apr 8 16:36:15 UTC 2005

Will wrote:
> Greg Miller wrote:
>
>> http://www.cacmedia.tv/products/sample2_4000.html
>>
>> This looks like it might make a really nice front end. It is allready
>> running linux.
>

> I can see this working quite easily. If you look at the spec sheet for
> this models' bigger brother, the 5000 -
> http://www.vwbinc.com/pdf/5000SpecSheet.pdf - it seems to be running
> Myth for PVR functionality. The main hardware (Via 1 Ghz processor,
> 128MB Ram etc) doesn't change between the two models, so I would assume
> it just needs the right software installing to it.

Hmmm... Once again no mentions of Myth on the website. No location to
download source (for their modifications, which it looks like they've
made).

They don't appear to have a license for that DD symbol they're
displaying so proudly - And I have yet to see a Linux product granted a
license.

At least a free box to Isaac would be a nice gesture.

Cheers,

Allan.