[mythtv-users] Marriage of Email List and Forum, Can't we all just get along!!

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Fri Apr 8 15:36:38 UTC 2005

David Blackwell wrote:

> I for one think this would be great.. I don't mind checking a forum
> everyday.  But for example, not everyone has hdtv and those emails
> just keep coming and filling up the ol' inbox :-)
>
> David

And on a forum, you have to read all the names of those threads you have
no interest in.  With a decent mail client setup correctly you never see
the threads you dont want to read, they are deleted.  On a forum, those
posts are always there, and you have to wade thru them when searching
for anything.  One more reason why not to duplicate work and make people
look in multiple places to gain access to this mailing list (ie sign up
at forum, then you also have to sign up at the mailing list as well.)
And why do you want to have to add more work to what you have to do when
you come online?  You already check your mail, and can have filters
setup to flag any threads youd be interested in;  why add on having to
visit a forum, and then wade thru the new posts of the day to see if any
of them are of interest to you?

Do people not know how to use a mail client?  Do people not want the
posts in real time?  Do people not understand that a mailing list is
much more effecient than a forum?

--

Tom