[mythtv-users] Foxtel Digital Capture card recommedation (Australia)

Jeremy Daniel Jeremy.Daniel at djj.nsw.gov.au
Fri Apr 8 06:14:03 UTC 2005

Hi All,

My first post here.
I've looked through the archives and not found out much about Foxtel.

I'm yet to settle on Tuner cards for my future MythTV box.
On the DVD-T side I'm looking at DNTV Live! or Fusion Lite as they do
have Linux drivers available.

However, to record Foxtel via svideo - do I need an Analogue Card? eg
Does the hardware decoder in say a Happauge 250 help with analogue
capture? Or would I be just as happy recording Foxtel via the svideo
input in the DN-TV card?

Are there any Aussies out there who have a good solution to recording
Foxtel.
I don't suppose anyone's going to crack Foxtel's NDS encryption any
time soon ;-)

Regards
Jeremy

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.  Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Department of Juvenile Justice.