[mythtv-users] SBLive + ALSA + AC3 question

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 05:58:22 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 1:33 AM, gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix at lloydnet.org> wrote:
> for those of you using a Creative SB Live! (mine's a "SB Live! 1024
> Value"), who is successfully using AC3 passthrough with ALSA and the
> emu10k1 module?  What version of ALSA/kernel are you running?

I'm using it just fine.
Alsa 1.0.6 has a bug in the vanilla version which stops the
passthrough working properly, but there is a one line patch available
which fixes this. It should have been rolled into 1.0.7 but I've not
upgraded for a few months (cos it works!) so I don't know about later
versions.
My asoundrc and mixer settings can be seen here:
http://www.hippoit.co.uk/mythtv/
I'm using the snd_emu10k1 module in a gentoo patched 2.6.9 kernel.

--
Neil Milne