[mythtv-users] RE: SBLive + ALSA + AC3 question

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Fri Apr 8 05:31:50 UTC 2005

Reggie Braswell wrote:
> Soundblaster live! 5.1 r(digital coax) raw feed into receiver and all
> comes out as expected.

what version of alsa are you using?

> Have Asus P4P800SE that initially I used onboad audio (soundmax)
 > and had problems.

heh, yah, that's the same mobo i have :) ... messed around w/ some alsa
drivers for it (before i realized that 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 broke ac3
passthru on sblive and possibly other cards), but that was it ... just
flashed the bios to the latest version and noticed that the website has
linux drivers for the SoundMAX sound card ... no clue how they work ...

> live 5.1 and no problems using Jarod's web - stellar performance.

jarod's web?  sorry ... newbie (to the list) ... where can i find his site?

-g-