[mythtv-users] PVR-250 not detected (defaults to 150)

Rob Greene robgreene at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 02:21:48 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 10:32 PM, Kenneth Hong <kenneth_hong at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've been working on a fresh install following Jarod's guide. The system
> detected my PVR-250 when I first installed the ivtv drivers, but after
> subsequently reboots, ivtv doesn't recognize my card and defaults to a
> PVR-150. There are also error messages stating "ivtv: i2c client addr: 0x44
> not found!".
>  If tried to comment out the tveeprom and msp3400 lines in
> /etc/modprobe.conf, but that only introduced additional errors. If I
> physically remove the pvr-250, reboot, power down, install the card then
> boot again, then the card is recognized correctly. But as soon as a reboot
> it reverts to the PVR-150.
>  Any suggestion on where I'm going wrong?

AFAIK you've done nothing wrong. My system that was running for the last few
months did the same deal.

In the IVTV list, they've also discussed this - the fix that worked for me
was forcing the card selection. For the PVR-250, I added "cardtype=2" to the
ivtv modprobe line. I do it in /etc/rc.local and the line looks like this:
modprobe ivtv modprobe=2

HTH!
-Rob