[mythtv-users] Capture to DV or "uncompressed" AVI instead of MPEG-PS?

Alexander Varakin avarakin at optonline.net
Fri Apr 8 01:38:22 UTC 2005

I am using the following process for achieving the same as you want:
1. capture into mpeg2 using PVR250 at 6000kbps
2. myth automatically runs commercial  detection
3. I open video in myth player and press "E" then "Z" which starts editing and
loads detected commercials
4. I review commercial cuts and change if needed
5. encode using nuvtranscode into DVD or whatever

I always have perfect sync and also encoding offline is always much better
then hardware encoder of PVR250: I can fit about 5 hours of video on DVD with
decent quality.

I was using dumb AVI card before but I had a lot of problems with sync so
PVR250 is the way to go.