[mythtv-users] Problems getting PVR-500 tuner working

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:24:43 UTC 2005

On Mar 23, 2005 12:52 AM, Jim Kusznir <jim at kusznir.net> wrote:

> However, when I hook up the RF CATV feed to the card and attempt to use
> its tuner function (either tuner; it doesn't seem to make a difference),
> I get a redish static that seems to grow in intensity until it goes to a
> completely black screen, and starts growing again.  It doesn't look like
> "snow" or other traditional mis-tuned static.  I get the same results
> reguardless of which tuner input I select.

This is the EXACT same problem I have... I can't figure it out either.
 I have 2 PVR 250s and a 500.  The 250's work but I have the exact
same problem of static that really isn't normal static and it goes to
a black screen and then starts again.  Exact same symptoms...

Were you able to solve it?!?!

Matt