[mythtv-users] Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Thu Apr 7 19:32:30 UTC 2005

Jomama wrote:

>When I reboot mythbackend is not starting.
>Where is the start up command ?
>
>Why would the backend command stop auto starting?

If mythbackend crashes for one reason or another,
it can be prevented from starting back up at boot time.

Check to see if the file "/var/lock/subsys/mythbackend"
exists and if it does, delete it.  Then reboot and everything
should be ok.

This was fixed in CVS a short time ago IIRC.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown