[mythtv-users] Suggestions

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 19:17:31 UTC 2005

Hope no one mind if I mention some things I'd like to see in MythTV (I might
even dust off my programming skills to help out, time dependant).

1. MythTV - It isn't possible to delete a recording from the database if the
nuv file has already gone. It is an unusual circumstance but it makes even
more sense for the database entry to be removed if the corresponding file is
missing. Somehow a recording of mine went awol and without a manual SQL query
I cannot get rid of the entry from mythfrontend.

2. MythTV - Could a jumppoint be added to return the user back to the main
menu? Some of the menus are quite deeply nested and a jumppoint would be
handy!

3. MythMusic - I'd like the option, that when I insert a CD it will
auto-populate the playlist (preferably a clean one) with the CD tracks.  I'm
building a Myth-box for my elderly parents and want it to be as simple to
operate as possible. Especially useful when used in conjunction with the
media-detection -> A CD is inserted, it goes direct to the play screen and
all you have to do is press play!

4. MythDVD - Whilst I do appreciate the work that went into this module, I'd
like quite to see a better integrated DVD solution. Matching OSDs, menus,
key-configs and behaviour. Has anyone looked at building a Myth based GUI for
the Xine-libs?

5. Finally, I'm using the Isthmus OSD which iirc, was posted here a while ago.
It is by far the best OSD I've yet seen and I wonder if it might be included
in future distributions of MythTV?

Thanks for reading and thanks for all the great work that everyone has done so
far!
--
Stuart Morgan