[mythtv-users] www.d1.com.au

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Apr 7 18:26:25 UTC 2005

>>> stef.coene at docum.org 04/07/05 2:15 PM >>>
> I'ts even worse, if you use the GPL'ed myth library and use it
> in your not-GPL'ed product, you have to relase ALL code under
> the GPL license.  That's why they call the GPL a viral license.

You can call it that.  Too much negative connotation for me.

<snip>

> End of discussion: http://www.d1.com.au is doing nothing
> wrong.  You can only ask them polite if they will join this list
> and share some knowledge.

Knowledge?  We've got almost all we need right here with
some of the developers participating directly with us.  The
latest thread on commercial detection comes to mind right away.

D1 is a relatively nice player.  They are up front about where they
get their software from.  It seems that they also have a schedule
site which seems like it gives back to the myth community directly.
This crap with videowithoutboundaries and trying to hide they
run myth is a bunch of bs.  I wish EFF or FSF could shut them
down.  I mean, it's not like they have tons of cash.  Their
stock is trading so low it could almost be considered a
penny stock.  How they are still in business is beyond me.

Paul