[mythtv-users] www.d1.com.au

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Thu Apr 7 18:15:05 UTC 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 16:29, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 16:23 +0200, Stef Coene wrote:
> > Or he can compile his own binary's and resell the HMC, there is nothing
> > they can do about it.
>
> Yes, he may distribute his own modified (I don't think making a
> modification is even a requirement) HMC, however don't omit the
> importance of the point:
>
> That he too must make his (modified) source code available to anyone he
> makes a binary available to and anyone receiving that source code can
> contribute any of the diffs back upstream, release the whole source for
> free availability, or he too can turn around and make another "HMC"
> product with all of the same obligations.
I'ts even worse, if you use the GPL'ed myth library and use it in your
not-GPL'ed product, you have to relase ALL code under the GPL license.
That's why they call the GPL a viral license.

For those who are bored, I will stop this thread.  There are numerous sites
around license issues.  My favorite is the discussions that sometimes happens
on /. (http://slashdot.org).

End of discussion: http://www.d1.com.au is doing nothing wrong.
You can only ask them polite if they will join this list and share some
knowledge.

Stef