[mythtv-users] locked myself out of the database

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 06:12:22 UTC 2005

I did something similar a while back. I got help from the forums, so the
archive might help, but basically, there was a mysql web page that explained
how to open the DB (probably that --skip-grants option) and you could update
the settings and stuff.
 Maybe that could help you?

 On Apr 7, 2005 2:28 PM, Devan Lippman <devan.lippman at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I was mucking around with the mysql grant command on the database
> trying to gain access from remote systems and it appears that I have
> revoked my permissions to the mythconverg database... right now I'm
> running with --skip-grant so everyone has open access but I'm
> wondering how I get this back to norm? Could I export the database,
> delete mysql's mythconverg db and then re-insert it with new
> permissions? I'm afraid I'm rather inexperienced with mysql
> administration.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Devan Lippman <devan at lippman.net>

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.