[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback problem withNVIDIAvideoacceleration - HELP! (still unsolved)

michael-mlists at cheshire.id.au michael-mlists at cheshire.id.au
Thu Apr 7 05:54:07 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jarod Wilson" <jarod at wilsonet.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythtv playback problem
withNVIDIAvideoacceleration - HELP! (still unsolved)

>On Wednesday 06 April 2005 02:35, Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists) wrote:
>> > XvMC works with the 7174 driver here now.
>:>
>> Argg!!
>>
>> I can get playback, but it appears to have exactly the same problem I had
>> when using the 6xxx driver series before.
>>
>> Wonder what else could be the problem...
>>
>> Hmm Are you using the nvagp or the kernel agpgart?

> agpgart at the moment, will try nvagp later tonight...

I'm using agpgart.

You have to recomplile your kernel to remove agpgart at this stage dont you?
Its not setup as a module?

Does anyone have XvMC working with a stable picture at least? Everytime I
playback the picture is extremely unstable (flickery) especially down the
bottom of the screen.

Wonder if its Mythtv or an Nvidia issue. Can you use xvmc with mplayer? (-vo
xvmc?) - might give that a go.

M.