[mythtv-users] Possible OT: Newest nvidia drivers and interlaced modes

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 7 01:01:15 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 04:09, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> Stephen Boddy wrote:
>
> >Sounds like you have the OpenGL "Sync to VBlank" turned on. Check it using
> >nvidia-settings from the command line. Either that or you need to upgrade
the
> >386 ;-)
> >

> Thanks, once I figured out which one (there are three!), I now get about
> 1500fps.

I wouldn't leave this turned off though, especially if you use the ogl output
with xine or mplayer, or you may see tearing. The point with the sync is that
it only updates the display in the vertical blank period. 1500 fps isn't of
any practical use, apart from bragging rights.

> Still haven't figured out the "split screen" effect yet.  It may be time
> for a full reinstall (yet) again.  Sigh.

Do you mean one desktop split over two separate displays? Not that I can help,
as I only have one display at a time.
--
Steve Boddy