[mythtv-users] Configure backend w/o GUI

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:11:09 UTC 2005

Got it fixed, problem is QT runs from the X client side so it doesn't
matter where you export the display to.  What I eventually ended up
doing was recompiling qt with the -no-xft switch to disable the
FreeType2 font atialiasing support.  This solved my fonts not being
rendered in qt apps.  Frontend runs on a different box so I think I
got my 5 minutes out of my 4 days of mucking with QT  :P

thanks,
Devan

On Apr 6, 2005 10:08 AM, David <myth at dgreaves.com> wrote:
> Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
> >On Apr 5, 2005 10:18 PM, Devan Lippman <devan.lippman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>is there a way to configure a backend server without using the QT
> >>interface?? Having a lot of trouble getting qt to run correctly and
> >>I'll prolly never have to use it again once I get the backend
> >>configured...
> >>

> >Qt is a lot more than gui objects and is used throughout the backend,
> >the frontend and all the plugins.
> >

> That was going to be my response - then I realised he didn't write quite
> what I thought he'd written.
> Configure as in setup, not the precompile ./configure :)
>
> I think the answer is - you don't use qt to configure a backend.
> You use setup/mythsetup from the commandine, possibly edit some files
> (eg mysql, xmltv) and use a frontend to do the rest.
>
> If you don't have a working frontend then I wouldn't worry about the
> backend since you ain't seeing much no matter whether it's configured or
> not ;)
>
> David

Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman.net>