[mythtv-users] Jarod's Guide and Nvidia 6629 driver with FX5200

Jonathan Watmough jonathan.watmough at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:12:03 UTC 2005

Have you tried looking at the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to see why X
didn't start up properly ? Often you will get some good clues, like
(EE) errors when certain modules are loaded. Also, the 'dmesg' command
can help you to identify hardware problems with graphics and sound
cards and the like.

I run off-brand (Kaser) 5200 that has behaved very well with the 6629
drivers, so you may have other problems.

Jonathan