[mythtv-users] how to upgrade tp 0.17 AND move to a new HW ?

Uwe Schmidt uwe.uwe at gmx.de
Wed Apr 6 06:39:31 UTC 2005

Actually, I ran a 0.16 with two DVB-S cards mounted in an old 400 MHz PC,
SuSe 9.1, compiled from source, running as backend only.

everything is working quite well, but I want to move the DVB-S cards to a
housing where cooling them is possible. For the old Siemens-PC-housing,
there is no possibiolity to mount any fans in a senseful way therefor.
and, because of DVB-support improved a lot from 0.16 to 0.17, I also want to
upgrade.

so, question:
how to upgrade and move to another HW ?
- first install the 0.16 on the new HW, install database-backup from old
box, copy /video to the new one and upgrade to 0.17
- install 0.17 on the new HW, copy /video and - erm, how to restore
db-backup ?
- ??

another question:
if backend is upgraded to 0.17, do I need to upgrade the frontends also ? or
are the protocols 0.17 / 0.16 compatible ?

TIA,

Uwe

--
Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl