[mythtv-users] 0.17; live TV fails in safe_read

LKO lkomage at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 5 23:48:21 UTC 2005

Newbie myth user here with the first of probably many questions. It
seems my live TV will eventually go black and hit 100% cpu usage
if left alone long enough. The frontend will have messages like:
RemoteFile::Read() failed in RingBuffer::safe_read(), while the
backend has messages like:
file I/O problem in safe_read() : invalid argument.

If I stop the frontend and restart it, everything works normally.

I searched the archives and found several references to this type of
problem, and like those, mine seems to be related to the ring buffer
filling up. Adjusting the live TV buffer size directly affects the time it
takes to hit the problem. So I guess throw me in with the others
having this problem.

I'm running Mandrake 9.2 with a PVR-250 (ivtv 0.2.0rc3g).