[mythtv-users] Re: Pundit OR Pundit-R ?

Niels den Otter otter at kjoe.net
Tue Apr 5 21:57:21 UTC 2005

Mark,

On Tuesday,  5 April 2005, mandal at optonline.net wrote:
> >Celeron Northwood ... thermal power varies .. 52W (2.0GHz)-68W (2.8GHz)
> >Celeron Prescott ... thermal power fixed at 73W
>
> >It looks like Prescotts are all the same inside, just locked
> differently. Pitty.
>
> I'm new to building PC but let me get this straight.
> I'dbe better off buying a 2.4Ghz Celeron than a 2.8 P4?
> At least in terms of noise.

You might want to consider buying a Northwood 2.53 Ghz CPU. This should
perform better than the 2.4 Ghz Celeron and the heat is reasonable. The
motherboard temperature in my Pundit-r (with 2.53 Ghz Northwood) is between
37 and 43 degrees celsius.

To keep the noise low I have replaced the PSU fan with a more quiet one and
I have added a Zalman Fanmate to the PSU fan.

-- Niels