[mythtv-users] watch analog and ditial tv on the same card?

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:52:38 UTC 2005

> Message: 32
> Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:18:57 -0700
> From: Alan Hagge <ahagge at wbfa.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] watch analog and ditial tv on the same
>         card?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Xiaotian
>
> Hopefully it's not a dumb question, 'cause I want to know too.  I've
> been experimenting since I got my card (about a week ago), and have had
> LIMITED success.  Right now I'm using the dvb drivers (cx88-dvb) for
> ATSC and the cx8800 for NTSC.  But for me, what usually happens is that
> if I start in ATSC mode, I can't switch to NTSC (and vice-versa).
>
> Regarding the mythtvsetup:  I configured two separate tuners: a V4L2 one
> (NTSC) using /dev/video1 (I have a webcam on /dev/video0), and a DVB one
> (ATSC).  Then I set up two separate antennas (one HD, one SD) with
> Zap2It (you have to use 2 different zip codes to set up 2 profiles,
> AFAIK), and tied each to its respective tuner.  And you can select which
> format to use (and thus which tuner) on a per-channel basis (as well as
> having a "global default" which you already found).
>
> I'm using the 2.0 drivers from the pcHDTV website, FC3 and kernel
> 2.6.10-1.770_FC3.

I have the save setup and same driver.  But once I add an analog
source I simply cannot watch TV any more.  Mythbackend complains about
no PIDS set.  Don't know what I do wrong.  (I do set up the starting
channel).

Also I don't see an option to choose TV format on the video source
basis.  I can only choose a default format, and modify it for each
individual channel.  It's kind of tedious.

I don't have to use different zip code to add a line-up in zap2it.
Here it gives 4 line-ups for my zip code, broadcasting, cable, digital
cable, and satellite.

Xiaotian