[mythtv-users] Controlling a Frontend from a Laptop

Mario L superm1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:31:15 UTC 2005

I have a much better solution I use here (any annoying to my roomates while
at it), i use x2x.
x2x forwards keyboard and/or mouse movements to another x server provided
you are on the access list.

i usually launch with something like "x2x -to machinename:0 -east

Then whenever I am watching myth and need to skip a commercial, i just move
the touchpad to the east of my display, skip the comm and then move it back
to my current display to keep chatting on aim or web browsing.

There is also a cygwin package that will work with xorg/cygwin that my
roomate likes to use on his laptop, if your laptop runs windows.

http://x2x.fanstvo.com/