[mythtv-users] Newest CVS broke TV Wonder VE (well I probably did, but this sounds better)

Travis Gilbert tr4visag at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 19:18:38 UTC 2005

Due to the Daylight Savings issues, I switched from
Gentoo's ebuild of MythTV to the latest CVS.  I
unmerged mythtv and related packages (mythvideo,
mythdvd, etc.), but left supporting packages like
mysql.  The patch works great for fixing the time
problem so thank you for that.  However, my TV Wonder
VE does not work anymore.  I did not change the
driver, it's a module built with my 2.6 kernel.  Now
if I try and watch TV using MythTV, Myth tells me all
available inputs are used for recording.  I can verify
that nothing's recording though, and Myth's System
Status says my tuner is not available.  I also
obviously can't record anything, but there's no error
message I can find about that.  I've tried playing
with my bttv module settings, but no luck.  All I did
was unmerge the myth ebuilds and then follow these
instructions for going to CVS:

(cd /usr/local && mkdir mythtv && cd mythtv)
cvs -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
login
cvs -z3 -d
:pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythtv
cvs -z3 -d
:pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythvideo
cvs -z3 -d
:pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythmusic
cvs -z3 -d
:pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
checkout mythweather

cd mythtv
./configure --enable-mp3lame --enable-vorbis
qmake mythtv.pro
make
make install
cd ..

cd mythmusic
./configure --enable-all
qmake mythmusic.pro
make
make install
cd ..

cd mythvideo
qmake mythvideo.pro
make
make install
cd ..

cd mythweather
qmake mythweather.pro
make
make install
cd ..

These instructions were taken from
http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/~fittond/myth_tv_dvb-t.html
and I left out mythweb and mythdvd 'cause I don't need
them.  MythWeather is fine and so is playing back my
saved recordings, but new recording and live tv is
broken.  Any ideas?  If you need I can post relevant
log sections or configurations, just let me know what
you want.

Thanks,
Travis Gilbert