[mythtv-users] remote *receiver* ?

John Sturgeon mythtv at sturgeonfamily.com
Tue Apr 5 15:44:03 UTC 2005

Shawn Flynn wrote:

>> Buy one of those cheap PC Remote's with serial IR Receiver on e-bay
>> for like 7 bucks, throw the remote away, and get a 15-2116 from Radio
>> Shack. I've done it three times for different machines.
>>
>> Here's a link to what I'm talking about:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3761&item=5181277468&rd=1
>>

> I have one of those Packard Bell remotes and could never get it to
> work properly with LIRC. Granted, that was just prior to the Lirc 0.7
> release while lirc was having a fair bit of trouble playing well with
> FC2 and I'm not exactly a linux expert, so it is not surprising that I
> couldn't make it work. I'd like to give it a shot again. Would you
> mind sharing your configuration info with me? What version of lirc are
> you using, what does your lircd.conf look like, what does your
> modprobe.conf look like?

I definitely don't use that remote.  The only reason I bought that
remote was for the serial IR adapter.  It has an obscenely long cable
and just plain works.   I use the 15-2117 (same as the 15-2116 but with
UHF - they discontinued it.) from Radio Shack.  It is an *awesome* JP1
programmable universal remote.  My lircd.conf and my lircrc files are
the same ones that Jarod provides in his guide (since I'm using the same
remote).

See Jarod's Universal remote guide: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php

--
John Sturgeon <><