[mythtv-users] /video Permissions

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Apr 5 10:29:37 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 02:58, Jeremy DeStefano wrote:
> When going through Jarod's install, I changed the default location that
> recordings and the LiveTV buffer to.  However, I was getting an error that
> Access was being denied.  When I gave everyone full access to the
> /video/recordings and /video/buffer folders, the Mythbackend started with
> no issues.
>
> What permissions should I set on those folders?

When you run the backend from the init script, it runs as root, so there
should be no problem with the permissions the way they were before you
changed them. I'm guessing you were running the backend as a non-root user
that simply didn't have write permission into those directories.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...