[mythtv-users] PVR-500 installation

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Apr 4 23:15:27 UTC 2005

On Monday 04 April 2005 13:17, Matt wrote:
> Well, I placed my order for a PVR-500 and it should arrive today.  I
> plan on installing it tonight in addition to the two PVR-250's I've
> had in there since last May.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Any
> tips, recommendations, requirements from those who've tried?  Jarod,
> any last minuted advice for me?

Not much. The only real wrinkles are the saa7127 trying to take over the 500
if you load it (only should be loading if you're using the PVR-350's output)
and recording profiles need to be 720x480 NTSC, 720x576 PAL/SECAM, since the
driver doesn't do scaling yet on these cards.

> I'm running a 2.6.10 kernel, and I'll be upgrading to the latest 3.x.x
> IVTV drivers and latest nvidia drivers.  I think I'll wait and rebuilt
> the kernel when I go HDTV.  Anyway, wish me luck :)

Luck wished. :-)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com