[mythtv-users] What's the best audio card for Myth

David Sonenberg dsonenberg at strozllc.com
Mon Apr 4 20:56:05 UTC 2005

I checked out the card and it looks nice.  ALSA's page doesn't have it
listed though.  Are you using the alsa driver?

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> David Sonenberg wrote:
>
>> I'm going to buy a new audio card and wanted feedback out what cards
>> people had success with.  Ideally I'd like to be able to hook it up to
>> my 5.1 channel receiver using optical spif, but that's not essential.
>>

> I set up my new remote frontend with the Turtle Beach Riviera card.  Has
> optical spdif out, cost me like $25-$30 at newegg, and was very easy to
> set up and my AC3 passthrough from DVDs and other content works fine.
>
> Kevin

David Sonenberg
Systems / Network Administrator
Stroz Friedberg, LLC
15 Maiden Lane
15th Floor
New York, NY 10038

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to
confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost
by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone at
212.981.6540, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.