[mythtv-users] Optimizing MythTV for AMD64

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Mon Apr 4 20:30:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Brad Templeton wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 11:57:16AM -0500, Brian Foddy wrote:
> > On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Brad Templeton wrote:
> > I meant the usual 40-60" rear projection TVs.  I wouldn't call them CRTs
> > as they aren't the standard CRT/TV tube.
>
> I'm confused.  I'm pretty sure that those older rear projection TVs are
> generally CRT based.   What technology is in yours if not CRTs?

Mine is a Hitachi 43" (forget the model number).  I thought, they were
simple 3 color light beams but reflected upward from the back instead of
the old front projection units.  They have a weak plastic screen, not
a vacume sealed glass direct electron beam tube like standard tv/crts.
They certainly don't have the weight or shape of a crt screen.  When I
bought mine, the tube HD TVs stopped about 36" and were much heavier
than mine.

If I'm misunderstanding my unit, I stand corrected; but this is what
I meant by rear projection units; and they still account for a
good portion of HD TVs sales.  They are generally < $2000 and provide
decent pictures for the price.   They are still analog, not digital like
plasma/DLP/LCDs; but HD never-the-less.  Mine can take an input of 480p,
720p, or 1080i.  But I think its native mode is 1080i.

Brian