[mythtv-users] Lircd not working after installing second PVR tuner.

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:59:54 UTC 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 10:05 PM, Thom Paine <painethom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings list.
>
> I tried a google and couldn't seem to find anything specific to my
> setup, and was wondering if anyone else had this issue.
>
> I upgraded my box to a P4 2.4 and did a clean install with FC3 and a
> PVR-350. This was working reasonably well.
>
> Today I added my PVR-250 card as I wanted to make sure my box was
> stable before adding too much stuff to it.
>
> Now my remote has stopped working. When I was experimenting with dual
> tuners before, my remote switched from the 350 card to the 250 card,
> but still worked. This time it has stopped working altogether.

Thom,

did your remote work before adding the 250?  it wasn't clear whether
you had it working (with the new install) and then it stopped after
adding the 250 or not.  if you never tested the remote it could be
that your config files were wiped out when you reinstalled.  i'm using
KnoppMyth so i'm not sure if your configs are in the same spot, but
locate may help.  make sure you have the correct lircd.conf file (in
/etc) set up for your remote and i also have a lircrc file located in
/home/mythtv/.mythtv that i had to fix.  i believe Jarod has/had
sample config files linked within his setup doc. (yes, i read most of
Jarods docs even though i set up KnoppMyth.  i was curious as to what
all the rage was. ;)
if you're sure your config files are set up correctly you can run irw
or irrecord from the command line to see what data your ir reciever
captures from your remote.  if you get this far and are still having
problems getting the remote to work within Myth, post back with the
info from irw and someone should be able to walk you through the next
steps.

hth