[mythtv-users] ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Invalid argument

Ken Mink kmmyth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:33:02 UTC 2005

There currently isn't a fix for this problem. I am in the same boat as
you. It is the only thing keeping mythtv from being wife ready. The
best work around to date is to ceate a large livetv buffer. I have
mine set to 10gb. Then remember to change channels every once in a
while and to pop out to the menu before going to bed or leaving for
long periods of time.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Ken