[mythtv-users] Blurred motion (ATI Radeon 9200SE)

Neil Vince neil.vince at nevissystems.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 17:25:30 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm struggling with blurred motion everything appears time until you get
high speed motion (moving cars) or scrolling text on the screen.  I am
sure this is to do with the frame rate but I have the ATI fglrx
modules/drivers built and running against a 2.6.11.2 kernel so not
really sure where to start.  If anyone can point in the direction to
start diagnosis I'd appreciate it.   It's the same wether it's
live/recorded (I know there's no real difference)

Basic stats:

   Althlon XP 2200+
   756MB Memory
   UDMA100 H/Disk
   ATI Technologies RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE] Display
   Output by S-Video to Panasonic 32" TV
   X Resolution 1024x768 (lower resolutions produce waves on the images)
   Mythtv Install: mythtv-suite-0.17-50.at on Fedora Core 3
   2 x Conexant Winfast TV2000 XP DVB-T

Regards,

Neil Vince