[mythtv-users] Re: How well does commercial detection work?

SpikeyGG spikeygg at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:56:52 UTC 2005

Chris,

  I recorded "The Toy" the other night on ABC's SD channel, I was hoping
that the commercial detection would work much better since the movie was
full-frame instead of the bordered stuff I have been recording lately (I
don't know if the commercial detection works well with it).  I tried running
it under blank frame with and without strict detection and also with the all
method.  I even updated to last nights CVS and reran with a
CommBlankFrameMaxDiff = 30.  Same result...

  The best set of commercial breaks started out within 2-5 seconds of the
start and end of the first commercial break and reach 67-69 seconds towards
the end of the movie.  It seems like the commercial detection never starts
and stops on a blank frame, it should right?  Do you have any suggestions as
to what I can try to get the detection more accurate?

  I don't think it's related to noise since I'm using DVB and my signal
strength is over 90% on all channels.  Does anyone else experience this
issue?

Thanks,
-Greg

--- Running Conditions ---