[mythtv-users] Possible OT: Newest nvidia drivers and interlaced modes

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sun Apr 3 19:32:27 UTC 2005

I performed an apt-get dist-upgrade this afternoon to get the latest
atrpms firewire, new kernel, etc, in the hopes of fixing some of my
firewire capture/livetv problems.  In doing so, I had to upgrade my
nvidia drivers.  Now, when I start X, I get a vertical "split-screen"
mode.  The whole screen is there, but the left half is on the right, and
the right half is on the left, with a white bar down the middle.  The
mouse, however, seems totally unaffected (it moves from one side to the
other, across the white bar, without problems).  My modelines are all
interlaced 1080i timings (slightly modified from the ones supplied by
Jarrod).

Any ideas what's wrong?

On a slightly related note, on the 6629 drivers, glxgears would crash
X.  Now, it runs, but at only 50fps. Could this be related?  The 5200
card in this box should be able to do at least 1000 fps on this,
shouldn't it?

TIA,
  Jeff.