[mythtv-users] Death by apt-get

Eggert Thorlacius eggi at menandmice.com
Sun Apr 3 18:48:27 UTC 2005

> It apparently fixes the issue.  However, the simpler solution is to
> reverse the libselinux update:
> apt-get install libselinux=1.19.3-1_1.rhfc2.at \
>     libselinux-devel=1.19.3-1_1.rhfc2.at
>
> The issue does exist on FC3, but on FC3, I get two error messages from
> glibc about an invalid pointer being freed and it does not cause a
> segmentation fault in init.  BTW, I have a second FC2 box (my
> mythfrontend) that does not exhibit the behaviour above and still
> boots with the latest updates.  I don't know what the difference is
> between those boxes.

Thanks for the reply.  Instead of waiting for help (like I should have
done) I tried to fix this on my own by installing/removing packages at
random and completely hosed the machine, so now I'm doing a clean
install of FC3.
I have 26 hours to get everything up and running before the next
episode of Lost is aired.  Wish me luck... :-)

Eggert