[mythtv-users] HDTV Woes

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Apr 3 08:17:53 UTC 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 23:54, Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 01:22:40PM -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> > > For HDTV res output? I'm surprised it's that's good.
> >
> > I'm not. My 1.53GHz Athlon (XP 1800) is damned close to being able to
> > play back 1080i streams w/a deint filter enabled. The cpu is about 70%
> > busy w/720p material, 85-90% w/1080i material w/no deint filter (but
> > major motion artifacts).
>
> How does it do when there is another task (even a niced one like
> commercial flag or transcode) running on the processor?  I find even
> the 3ghz machine can get a little bothered then.

Not sure, its a remote frontend, all commercial flagging usually gets done
elsewhere. I'm guessing it would be slightly unhappy while working on 1080i
streams, not sure about 720p. I seem to recall my 3200 getting a bit choppy
on the large info OSD fade (Titivillus theme) when playing 1080i recordings
and commercial cutting at the same time.

> BTW, also is your 720p stream 60fps?  Sometimes I see 720p streams that
> are not at the full framerate (since they are derived from filmstock shot
> at 24fps in particular.)

avidemux says the 720p recording I'm playing with right now is 59.940fps,
couldn't be absolutely certain that's the case with all of them.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...