[mythtv-users] PVR-350 displays OSD but not video - .17 apt-get upgrade

Dave dbadia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 04:45:37 UTC 2005

On Feb 23, 2005 10:58 PM, Mark Matula <mmatula at ratula.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Mark Matula wrote:
>
> > I've seen a lot of different issues with the 350 since folks have upgraded
> > but none of them exactly match what happened to my box.  I've search the
> > archives since the .17 release, but haven't wrapped my mind around a
> > solution.
> >
> > My 350 TV out was working fine with .16 installed on Debian unstable from
> > the .debs on http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv/
>
> [. . .]
> > Before I do anything drastic, I was looking for input on how to troubleshoot
> > this.
> > - Upgrade ivtv?
> > - Un-reinstall the .17 debs?
> > - Uninstall .17 and try to roll back to .16?
>
> Turns out an ivtv driver update was in order.  I'm at version 0.2.0-rc3
> right now, and all seems well.
>
> --
> Mark Matula
> Mikey, you will be missed:
> http://eblo.ratula.net/mikey.html

Hi Mark,
   I'm in a similar situation as you - I was using IVTV .19, but after
upgrading Myth to .17, it appears I need to upgrade IVTV.
   I tried upgrading to IVTV 0.2.0, but ran into major problems
(system freezes, etc).
   Did you follow a specific set of instructions to do the IVTV upgrade?
   Did you have any major issues/problems during the IVTV upgrade?

Thanks
Dave