[mythtv-users] screen too large for TV

Michael Murray mimurra3 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 23:52:24 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am new to mythtv to running a video capture card under linux.  I was
hoping somebody could help me with an issue.  I am attempting to run
mythtv with a PVR-350 outputing to a RCA 27F520T 27 inch television.
Following Jared Wilson's guide I am able to get X to run on the PVR
and display on the TV.  However, the screen size is too large and the
sides and top and bottom are getting cut off.  Because of this, I
can't even choose a language for mythtv since I can't read the
choices.

I used the sample xorg.conf file (with the necessary changes).
Looking at it I can see that the resolution for the screen and monitor
are set at 720x480.  Is it possible to change this so that the screen
will fit my television with dimensions of 23 1/4" H x 32 1/4" W x 20"
D?  Is that even the correct way to solve the problem?

Thank you for any help.  My apologies if this has been answered before
but I'm afraid that I don't know enough on the topic to apply other
postings to my situation.

Mike