[mythtv-users] Help, database corrupted after connecting with a newer frontend

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sat Apr 2 22:59:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 22:45 +0200, myth at ultratux.org wrote:
> Yes I know that. I called it fscked-up because nothing works with my current
> backend. I did not expect a frontend to do a DB update. Clients do not
> usually DO that, you know.

Bear in mind that mythvideo and mythmusic, being frontend applications,
need to be able to upgrade their respective database schemas.  There's
no part of them that talks to the mythbackend process.  You're right
that the mythfrontend TV-watching module shouldn't be upgrading the
database schema.

Having said that, I just looked in mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/ and
didn't see any dbcheck.cpp file (as one would when looking in
mythvideo/mythvideo/dbcheck.cpp, mythmusic/mythmusic/dbcheck.cpp, and
mythphone/mythphone/dbcheck.cpp.)  So I'm not convinced that that's what
you're seeing.  Did you start a backend 0.16 process on your frontend
box?

	-I