[mythtv-users] How to convert PCM audio track to AC3?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 16:07:25 UTC 2005

> >As soon as I try to select anything audio I get a popup
> message telling
> >me that no valid audio codec was found. Any idea what I am
> missing? I
> >wish some of these messages were a bit more informational. :)
> >

> Hmm, sounds like a dependency problem
> What distro, what version of avidemux

Its FC2 installed from various apt-getable repositores pretty much done by
Jarod's guide. The version of avidemux is 2.0.36 and I have all of the
dependancies listed on their homepage installed except for libsdl which
although I have several different sdl pacages installed I do not have that
exact package name. I doubt its the problem anyways, sdl works with other
programs so the lib is probably installed.

Thanks alot for this help. It will be nice to be able to make dvd's for the
truck that have sound :)

Bill