[mythtv-users] nuvexport cli options

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Apr 2 07:56:36 UTC 2005

> I just saw a post from Chris Peterson saying he's been doing work on
> nuvexport lately.  I've made a few changes myself to allow nuvexport
> to be run from the job queue as a user job.

Cool, want to send a patch?

> Chris, if you see this, are you working on full cli support at all?
> I noticed that it's been implemented for quite a few of the export
> options, but not yet for DVD export using either transcode or ffmpeg.

not for dvd?  Almost everything should have a cli option now, as well as
a matching one in .nuvexportrc.

The only thing missing is still the same that's been for awhile -- no
global checking for $is_cli.  Although I've made some modifications to
the data queries that should have gotten rid of a number of queries in
cli-only mode (should only be a couple of things left, like show
confirmations).

> The only code download I could find for nuvexport was the tarball of
> the 'latest' code and I have no idea how often that changes so I
> didn't want to submit a patch just yet for fear that the code has
> already changed and the patch won't apply right.

it changes whenever Beirdo or I fix something or come up with a new
idea.  There's a timestamp on the "latest" file, as well as files with
timestamps in the name at http://forevermore.net/files/nuvexport/

> This is definitely something I'd like to implement and I'm sure I've
> seen some interest in an automated nuvexport from other folks on the
> list.  Please let me know if patches are being accepted for nuvexport
> and if this is something that's already being implemented or if I
> should continue work on this.

I'm always happy to look at patches.  I'm trying to be picky about
formatting and code quality lately, but if it's clean code and doesn't
break anything, I'm usually pretty good about accepting stuff.

-Chris