[mythtv-users] hdtv guide data

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Fri Apr 1 21:57:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:40:15AM -0800, Gregg wrote:
> I have setup a hd3000.  It works great if I setup the channels
> manually, but If I try to use the listings from zap2it it records
> nothing and leaves a 'B' in the file size field on mythweb.  Is there
> some way I can populate the guide data in the channels I setup
> manually?
>
> -Gregg

When you scan for channels and run mythfilldatabase you get two sets
of the same channels.  (More or less.) Those added by the scan have no
guide info, but you can tune them.  mythfilldatabase added channels
that cannot be tuned but have guide data (obviously.)

So, you have two choices:

1) Add xmltvid's to those channels added by the scan and mark the
mythfilldatabases as not "visible". This is in the channel editor,
BTW.  However, marking them not visible doesn't remove them from
livetv browse, just the guide.  This is the easiest and if you don't
use livetv much or at all just do this one.  You can't delete the
mythfilldatabase channels, they'll just come back next time it runs.

2) Update the channel entries for the mythfilldatabase added entries
so that they can be tuned, then delete the scanned channels from the
channel table.

2 is a bit more involved and you have to look at your mysql tables.
The important values are in the channel table... for the scanned
channels you will see entries in the mplexid, serviceid, and atscsrcid
fields.  In the equivalent mythfilldatabase added channel record, set
the above fields to what you see in the scanned channel entry.

You have to do this for each channel.  When you're done you should be
able to tune the mythfilldatabase channels. When you're sure it's all
working you can delete the channel records corresponding with the
scanned channels.

This is more or less what I did and it worked for me.  I have to give
credit to mchou on the IRC channel for explaining it to me though!