[mythtv-users] How do you "tune" subchannels in QAM?

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 1 18:18:55 UTC 2005

I skim this list once a week or so, so I sorry I didn't see this before..

Whomever it was having the problem I need the following questions answered:

1. What cable carrier are you using?
2. Do you know what frequencies you can get unencrpyted channels on?
3. If you know the answer to number 2, can you please tune to these with azap
and run dvbsnoop 0x1FFB and let me know if you get anything back.

What it sounds like is:

Mpeg Transport spec defines the PAT & PMT which is what all these posts are
talking about reading and getting video..

DVB and ATSC have another layer on top of this called SI (PSIP in ATSC).. If
your cable carrier has unencrypted digital cable channels they are supposed to
be sending ATSC PSIP, but it sounds like yours is not.. I really didn't want to
make a digital cable scan that just looked at the PAT and PMT  since you will
not get channel names, or anything useful from just the PAT & PMT.

Taylor