[mythtv-users] [OT] new nVidia driver available

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 15:41:10 UTC 2005

--- Morten Rønseth <morten.ronseth at webfx.no> wrote:
> Hi Howard,
>
> I'm just about to get an nVidia fx 5200 card and I
> want it to do XvMC.
>  From your mailing I see that you have problems
> getting this to work. Is
> there an issue with all nVidia cards or are there
> specific cards that
> don't "work"?
>

> Cheers,
>

> -Morten
>
> Howard Cokl wrote:
>
> >--- Alan Hagge <ahagge at wbfa.com> wrote:
> >

> >>It's less offtopic for nVidia users, but there's a
> >>new nVidia driver
> >>release as of today (7174) which appears to
> correct
> >>some significant
> >>performance issues with the 7167 release.
> >>
> >>If you're setting poor performance with your
> nVidia
> >>card, try it out!

> >>mythtv-users at mythtv.org

> >No luck for me.  The new driver didn't fix my
> problem
> >with getting XvMC working.

> --

> WEB-fx
> Morten Lerskau Rønseth           http://www.webfx.no
> Odinsvei 15c
> mailto:morten at webfx.no
> 1413 Tårnåsen                    Tlf.: (47) 6680
> 9191
> Norway                           Mob : (47) 9343
> 4357

I have an FX5200 that I had problems using XvMC, I am
now using an onboard nvidia nforce2 IGP and had
problems using XvMC (which I think I solved using
cvs).  I don't want to discourage you from going with
nvidia since I think my problems are the exception
rather than the rule.  As far as I know there a lot of
people successfully using nvidia cards and the 5200 in
particular.

Howard