[mythtv-users] Crop and transcode

Christian Viller Hansen cvh at viller.org
Fri Apr 1 15:21:26 UTC 2005

Hi

I think the cutlist editing works really well when watching a recorded
show, but I was wondering if it was possible to select where to crop too?
Some shows are in widescreen and usually with subtitles - but theres no
rule, so I have to edit the cropping for each recording.

Another problem I have is the transcoded file cannot be played by mplayer
and it doesn't save much space anyway. I tried to encode a recording with
"mencoder -ovc lavc -oac lavc" and got a acceptable quality and
compression.
I was wondering if it would be easier to make a standalone
program (gui) that could interface with mythbackend and the db but use
mplayer to convert the files.

Regards
Christian