[mythtv-users] S-video & widescreen - both in and out

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 08:08:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 08:49 +0100, David wrote:
> PS I think Nigel's problem is fundamentally that he's sending an X
> display to a device with non-square pixels.

Well ideally I would like to get square pixels (even if I actually make
it so I have squashed horizontally pixels, and an overall stretch on
display by the TV to make em square again)  - but I can't find a 16:9
type mode that TV out.

> X (AFAIK) can't handle non-square pixels whereas video has anamorphic
> compression (and maybe other things...)

Sounds about right, shame I can't get things consistent right through
the system....

	Nigel.