[mythtv-users] Anyone using LVM2 w/ ext3 for video storage

Poul Petersen petersp at mail.alleft.com
Fri Apr 1 05:38:57 UTC 2005

> I wanted to create a mount point that I could easily add capacity to
> later as I needed.  To do this I created an LVM2 volume (currently
> caontaining only one pv) and formatted ext3 over this.  When I went to
> boot the machine up the next day it was unable to mount the volume or
> even filecheck it.  I'm wondering if I rebuild this volume will this
> become a common occurance?  If so is there anyone who's found a more
> reliable solution?

	Yup no problems here. Did you make a logical volume in the
volume group? From your description it almost sounds like your formatted
the physical volume.

	The other possibility is that your initrd doesn't contain LVM
drivers, so when you rebooted your system it didn't load LVM. Did you
try loading the dm_mod and running vgscan? Did you add the filesystem
to /etc/fstab? What was the error when you tried to mount the
logical volume?

-poul