[mythtv-users] Problem with importing Mythconverg database backup...

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Fri Apr 1 03:39:15 UTC 2005

I am almost done with my fresh install of FC3 (from FC2) and have everything
working until the very end. When I import my SQL database into MySQL using
'mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < mythtv_backup.sql', the process takes a
little time and I am finally returned to a prompt. Mythbackend starts
without any problems (and actually starts to record a show), but when I try
to run mythfrontend, it locks shortly after the Titivilus background loads
and I have to restart the machine. This also occurs if I try to run
'mythtvsetup'.

If I create a fresh database, everything seems to work fine. That leads me
to think that there is something it doesn't like in the old database. I've
tried turning on verbose errors and writing them to a file, but nothing out
of the ordinary appears. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should look
at? I'd hate to lose all my database settings/recordings if at all possible.

Nate Thompson