[mythtv-users] new tv_grab_au?

Rod Snaketails at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 1 01:46:45 UTC 2005

Carl Lewis wrote:

> Craig Cooper wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to MythTV and also xmltv. I had problems with an older
>> version of tv_grab_au missing two complete stations here in regional
>> Tasmania. Does anyone know of a newer (or working) version for this
>> location? Any thoughts helpful, you may email it direct to me as an
>> attachment if you like - craig.cooper <at> gmail <dot> com
>>
>> many thanks.
>>
>> Craig Cooper
>>
> Craig, this has been working for me. It's the version from Dec 24
> last year plus Tasmania added.
>
> Naturally you need to set your XMLTVID values correctly
> in the channel setup.
> The main ABC is
> freesd.Tasmania.2.d1.com.au etc.
>
> I actually sent the Tas stanza off this morning to someone I hope can
> include them in the next version published.
>
> Cheers
> Carl.

>#!/usr/bin/perl -w
># Australian TV Guide XMLTV grabber by Damon Searle
># Derived from a yahoo XMLTV grabber by Ron Kellam which was itself...
># Derived from original code by Justin Hawkins
>#
># This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
># it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
># the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
># (at your option) any later version.
>#
># This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
># but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
># MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
># GNU General Public License for more details.
>#
># You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
># along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
># Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

    Has anyone  had any luck with the differances between the differing
channels each station provides?

    Eg. Dr Who on ABC TV is not the same as on ABC2, the same show is
not on the same time slot, if at all, but there is no guide for ABC2 at
the moment as far as I can see..

    And just loading the same TV guide data into each channel doesn't
help as Channel 7 has a nice "Scenery" show, but having 3-4 shows
recorded on that channel, I have to reconfigure what is what

    Are there channel listings for HDTV as opposed to the other
televised standards for viewing pleasure?