[mythtv-users] lirc0.6.6 could not reset tty error

Don Brown don at donbrown.ca
Thu Sep 30 21:56:03 EDT 2004

All work working and then I had to screw it up somehow - man, I gotta stop
playing around "improving" things.

I'm using lirc and a hauppage remote sensor (with a One4All 8-in-one remote
properly configured as an appropriate VCR).

I installed from CVS quite a while ago and still had the source around so I
started all over again,  with the configure dialog, ran configure, make, and
make install.

I have:
[root at mythtv lirc]# ls -l /dev/lir*
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 61, 0 Sep 29 20:30 /dev/lirc
srw-rw-rw-  1 root root     0 Sep 30 19:45 /dev/lircd
prw-rw-rw-  1 root root     0 Jun  5 09:48 /dev/lircm

Before I did all the re-config, make, etc, I think /dev/lirc was a symbolic
link to /dev/ttyS0, but I can't confirm that.  But using the hauppage ir
receiver, I don't think I *WANT* it to point to ttyS0, do I?

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Don